Thursday, July 13, 2006

Today's projects

Today I have two projects lined up. One is to install a small fence around my shed so my kids will not go under it. The other is to put the center console back into my Plymouth Neon. Why is it out you may be thinking?

For about 3 months I worked as a rural mail carrier and I used the neon to deliver mail. I sat in the middle of the car and leaned out the window. It is a tough job. A lot tougher than anyone realizes.
Basically when you arrive at your Post Office you start sorting your mail. Each route has a desk and shelves with slots to put the mail into. Each slot matches an address and you have to file your mail into a slot. Depending on the volume of mail this could take 4 or 5 hours. Then you pull the mail down into bundles in the order of your route. Then you load your vehicle and deliver the mail. Some routes use the postal trucks and some require your own which mine did.


I no longer work for the U.S. Postal Service because the hours were to long and I could not consistantly work the days they wanted me to. Though I would recommend the job, it is hard work. The Postal Service is a very professional organization.


As I finish this blog I have finished putting up the fence but the car will have to wait.

1 comment:

samurai said...

Just wanted to thank you for the fellowship with my beloved last night. :)